Saturday, February 6, 2010

Throwback


Once upon a time, I was a little girl. A girl who dreamed of meeting her prince and while I had much of a crush on Felix, I soon came to realize he was quite the brat. I could hope bigger, older, and wiser. I decided to deflect my crush onto Gus.

One day my mother decided to take her weekly trip to the chiropractor/health food store. "Yay more whole grain rice and lentils. YUM!" I thought sarcastically in my head. The chiropractor adjusted my neck. I really didn't like the sound of my neck cracking but my desire for that lollipop was greater. As we finished and exited the chiropractor onwards to the health food store, I noticed something, someone. There was a bench outside and there was Gus sitting on a bench. My eyes widened and my jaw began to drop. I stopped dead in my tracks while my mother tugged on my arm to keep walking. I just stared and then Gus looked at me! He noticed that I obviously recognized him. He smiled a huge smile and then....ladies and gentlemen....Gus Pike winked at me!

It was as if time stopped, until my mother took me onwards and I would only see Gus Pike again on Road to Avonlea.

True Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment